For full documentation visit YunThermostat at rtfd.
What is it?
YANATP, or Yet ANother Arduino Thermostat Project.
Why is this one different?
- It uses Python
- It uses Wifi
- It doesn't use a database
- It doesn't require the Internet
Geez, I dunno, two of us got together and wanted to toy around with an Arduino Thermostat, but we didn't find anything that detailed, or exactly what we wanted. So we decided it'd be fun to write one from scratch.
From a Mobile Phone:
Image of the real-time graph (24 hour view) from the web page.
From a Computer (These pages are also available from a phone):
Image of the configuration page.
More of the configuration page.
Real time logging.
The minimum hardware is:
- A temperature sensor
- A relay (the easiest is to find a premade relay "board" on amazon). Three for heat plus A/C.
- An Arduino Yun
Additionally, we both happen to have a LCD display shield with buttons, so that's also integrated.
The software is:
- The Arduino software (with support for the Yun)
- Bottle, a very light weight python web server
- JQuery (1.7.2), JQuery Mobile (1.4.5), and JQuery Flot (0.8.3). Open source Java Script tools
The cloud services in use are: